Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Belief

 When the Buddhists say they do not believe in God, I think it means that they do not believe in what we call God.  In the West, we objectify God as something, person, separate from us.  Buddhists are not about such duality, nor are Western mystics.  A deep contemplative practice reveals non-duality.  All is One.  Even when I say, “God is within me,” it can conjure up in an Eastern contemplative the idea of a little God walking around in the depth of my heart waiting for my attention.  Dialogue is difficult but love and acceptance of one another is not.  Some people differ with one another and the result is they hate the other and load up to destroy one another.  Trying to crush out differences is not the way of the contemplative.  I try to keep this in mind as I live in a world of differences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment