Friday, July 7, 2023

Patches

 I like the image of being a patch.  All patches are different, but they can be woven/sewn together to make something useful to others.  It could be a blanket/quilt or a stuffed toy.  This says that difference does not mean separation.  Nor do you try to minimize the difference.  Different is just different, but can be connected to make a world, maybe a child’s world a better place.  God is the weaver.  For that matter the Creator made the world full of differences, but sees some connection.  Spiritual growth sees the connection.  Others see only the differences and toss patches into the garbage as useless scraps of material.  Nothing is useless to God.  My daily spiritual practice is a “mending.”  God is mending me.  Love is a stitching action.  Left to my own devices I can easily come apart.  Blog readers, we are all patches woven together.  I like that!

1 comment: