Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Why Get Up

 In the Book of Tobit, in the Hebrew Scriptures, both Tobit and Sarah want to die.  It is in Chapter 3.  They are both having a miserable life, and people are making fun of them.  They ask God to take them.  So, I asked myself, "What is my reason for getting up in the morning?"  If it is to go to the bathroom or because I am hungry, then I don't have much of a life.  I try to get up with some gratitude and then purpose for the day.  Nourish my heart/soul.  Be of service to others.  Try to make the world around me, including others, to be a better place because I am sharing it.  There is the going to work, and there is going to work with a meaningful purpose.  How are you going to be at work?  Grumpy?  Resentful?  Whining?  If so, then maybe staying in bed is the best thing you can do for others.  Try gratitude to snap you out of it.  Works for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment