Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Nothing Is Just A Feeling

 I hear people say, “ I went to holy communion, but got nothing out of it.”  What they mean is that they did not feel anything differently after receiving communion.  No consolations.  It is kind of like saying, “Thank you” when you did not feel you got anything.  Feelings are way too much the focus in any love relationship, human or divine.  When I receive communion I am giving God pleasure.  What?  God as I understand God, wants to give me unconditional love.  I don’t have to feel it to receive it.  Communion is a selfless act of giving someone else, God in this case, pleasure.  Few people get into anything to be selfless.  Think of making love to someone who loves you.  You may not “get anything” that is, a good feeling, but they are giving you their love, all of it.  God is not a one night stand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment