Monday, February 23, 2015

Advertising

Successful advertising began in The Garden of Paradise.  The account executive was the serpent.  The market was Eve.  Advertising started small like any start up company.  Diana Gaillardetz gave me the spark for this idea.  Anyway, the premise of this business is that you are missing something that you did not know you were missing.  You can become something that you were not previously thinking about becoming.  Eve bought the idea and Adam followed.  I worked in advertising and marketing.  It was part of my reason for becoming a priest.  I began to ask, " Who cares which brand you buy?  They are all the same."  "Who needs this stuff?" I asked myself.  This is not a good way to become a success in the business.  I had to find something I could sell that did matter.  So, I have always been in marketing, I guess.  My MBA is not wasted.  I try not to make one religion a better brand than another, or the only product to have.  I just say what is a value for me and let others decide.  If you cannot find something unique or special for you in a spiritual path, then find another.  God won't be offended.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! If only the zealots of the world in all religions could believe as you(and I)do, we could stop all this horror war and killing and accept each other as children of God who just choose to worship differently. From our mouths to God's ear!

    ReplyDelete