Sunday, February 1, 2015

NOT ON Vacation

I will be in Florida for about seven weeks, teaching and doing sacramental work.  When I was about to leave the cold of Colorado, my friends said, "Have a good vacation."  Why do people think I just play when I leave town?  What if I said that I was going to work for seven weeks in Northern Ontario.  Would they think I was going on vacation?  I doubt it.  They would think I was working or why else would I leave freezing Boulder and go to more freezing Ontario?  Is it my fault that I save souls in warm places in the winter, fun places like San Francisco in the California Fall, and do my summer retreat in the mountain valley of a Trappist Monastery?  Well, maybe my life is a bit soft, but I am working too.  I just have a low threshold for cold weather.

1 comment: