Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Entertaining Angels

I read in the bible that I should nicer to people because I could be "entertaining angels."  I needed that at a big package store recently.  This high tech customer tried to pay with her cell phone.  The clerk was clueless, as am I.  This was the only customer in front of me.  I thought I was on a short line.  Wrong.  A supervisor was needed.  They can be as rare as a sale at an Apple computer store.  I was about to grumble with whining when I remembered the bible passage.  The clerk and customer might be angels.  I hope they don't share my space in heaven.  Oops, I am a bit presumptuous here.  But the thought of angels in front of me gave me more patience, and that is a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/talking-to-strangers-makes-you-happy/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being reminded that we are moving among angels. It reminds me of the article posted above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell us did the customer pay for the purchase with the cell phone? In other words did it get approved with the help of a supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it got approved with help of supervisor.

    ReplyDelete