Friday, February 27, 2015

Step One

I am always hearing that we God believers are supposed to be evangelizing, spreading the good news and inviting people to join up.  Steps are presented as to how to do this.  I am puzzled.  The one step, the first one, is never mentioned in the evangelizing tool kit.  Change yourself on the insides before you open your mouth about your group.  What if I am acting like a jerk, but inviting people to give my faith group a try?  I would be a good example of why NOT to join.  Who wants to join a group or follow path that has my behavior as a result?  I think that the recovery groups learned this a long time ago.  Would that church groups did so too.  Step one: change.  Step two: change some more.  Step three: be a good example of whatever it is you believe.  Walk the walk.  You will attract rather than promote.

1 comment:

  1. After your talk yesterday I recollected my mystical experiences in my lifetime. There have been more than a dozen
    Each blessing was followed by the dark night which I never understood. I likened it to the road to Emmaus. Thank you Father.

    ReplyDelete