Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Radical Suggestion?

I was at an MBA graduation this past weekend at a leading business school.  The Dean got up and blew my socks off.  She suggested that Corporate America make less profit while they focus a bit more on developing product or practices that help to better our society.  She said that to maximize profits and the give to charity does not solve a lot of issues or even address them.  This is the present model of "good" corporations and good rich people for that matter.  When I got my MBA back in the Dark Ages of the 1960s I recall that the focus was on maximizing income per share of stock.  I think that I would have stayed in business if this Dean's vision was being followed.  Then you would never have heard of my sister Maureen.  

3 comments:

  1. I like hearing your take on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't this the essential message of Jesus - to be more connected with our fellows, as opposed to gaining more material goods for ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say God works in mysterious ways. How could we imagine life without knowledge of Maureen?

    ReplyDelete