Sunday, December 6, 2015

Wayfarer

A sadhu is someone who travels about sharing spiritual wisdom attained by the life that the sadhu is living.  The sadhu has no permanent home.  I sometimes feel like a sadhu minus great wisdom or deep spiritual life.  I have OK wisdom and spasms of spiritual fitness.  But I do not have a permanent home.  To be in one permanent place, one home, less air travel, strange living situations and foods, seems to be enticing.  But then I would  be sharing with a narrower audience.  To stay in one place might deprive another place.  I try to stay open to invitations to move on to a new vista, a week here, a few days there and then come back to one of my places of rest.  I have been doing it for over ten years now and will try to carry on for the near future.  In some ways we are all wayfarers on this earth.  I am just getting a head start.

1 comment:

  1. I don't need to remind YOU to count your blessings - I KNOW you do. I admire your lack of many of the attachments to the material that I still suffer from - following, and trying to catch up to your lead
    Thank You for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete