Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fitbit

I purchased my first "Fitbit" watch over Thanksgiving weekend.  My sister Jane has one and seems to be happy with it.  No wonder.  In my calculations, my new Fitbit tells me I have gone a greater distance, and used up more calories, than I think is so.  I tried it out this morning on a run/walk.  It seemed way over whatever I did.  Now if I believed the results given by my Fitbit, then I would think I had used up enough calories and gone enough distance to now spend the rest of the day sitting and eating treats to "replenish" myself.  No wonder people like these devices with their measuring apps.  I prefer the app on my cell phone that gives me next to nothing for a workout.  Somehow, I think it is fairly accurate.  Anyway, I seem to be more motivated to avoid treats, sugar, bread after doing a workout with this tough app.  But I have to carry my big cell phone around with me.  There must be a solution.  I'll pray over it.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Bogus data. Shows too many calories, too much distance and too fast a pace. That is why so many people like it.

      Delete
  2. Would you speak sometime to how you feel the Holy Spirit inside you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace. That is the feeling. The Holy Spirit is always inside but often I am absent in anxiety or passing fancies, such as fitbit stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you enter your individual stride length! That makes a HUGE difference. I think a lot of folks just leave stride length at the preset default.

    ReplyDelete