Monday, December 28, 2015

The Light

Whenever I get too full of myself, I must remember that I am like the moon.  The moon has no light of its own.  It reflects the light of the sun.  If the moon is to shed light upon some part of the earth, the moon has to rise up.  So it is with me.  I am not God or the light.  God is the light and I can reflect it onto others who feel in some darkness.  But I have to get up, rise up, each morning and sit in meditation to allow the light of God to shine upon me and then be reflected from me to others.  God uses me to point to God.  When my work points to me, I am in trouble.  When people say that I am wonderful, and one or two actually say that, I must remember that it is the power of God who the source of Light.  I am but a reflection.  My moon image keeps my ego right-sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment