Friday, January 8, 2016

All Equal

This being the Christmas season, I am reading a lot about Mary and the baby Jesus.  One thing that impresses and challenges me about Mary is that she welcomes all people equally.  No one is better than another.  The shepherds are smelly.  They live and sleep outdoors.  They are on the margins of society.  Mary seems to be fine with then coming into the stable.  Then the Magi come.  Kings and guys with lots of fine clothes and gifts.  She welcomes them the same way she did the smelly shepherds.  I have to be careful that I do not show especial attention to the rich, beautiful people, while I ignore the poor, smelly, simply dressed.  I must be careful to treat equally those from whom I want or need something, and those who want something from me.  I may not have answers or resources, but I do have the gift of time to give to people.  And I can still write these blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please keep blogging! Some of us depend on it very much!

    ReplyDelete