Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Fix Me

Is God's job to fix me?  I think that God's job is to love me.  Sometimes I want a God who fixes. Make my life better.  I meet many people who have dumped the fix-it God.  They dumped a non-existent God.  They dumped a fantasy, an illusion.  Jesus is supposed to be God for Christians.  Did he fix things when he was around walking the earth?  No.  He loved or said that God is Love.  I think he had it right.  So my daily meditation is not that God do this and that to make my world the way I want it.  My daily meditation is to allow myself to stop thinking all about me and to open to enjoy being loved.  Enjoy the union.  This experience seems then to give me an energy to do the right thing when I go about my day, or at least to do less damage than if I had no daily spiritual practice.  God is at work. But I am the skin of God in the world.  Love.

2 comments:

  1. But Terry!

    You say that Jesus didn't "fix" things.

    Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and report to John what you hear and see: the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM. "And blessed is he who does not take offense at Me."

    He did more than just say, "God is love." He was the only man who saw the Father; it is by His life that we can know God.

    The 'fix' is in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you don't get fixed, you dump God.

    ReplyDelete