Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ecumenism

We are in the midst of the "Week of Prayer For Christian Unity."  It is called Ecumenism.  It is an effort to try to find ways that all the Christian groups can come together and be one.  We have a long way to go, yes.  So this coming Saturday, in Boulder,  I will be teaching about prayer from the perspective of a Presbyterian minister, Robert McAfee Brown, a modern prophetic voice for deepening our spiritual life in practical ways that make an effective response to the modern American culture.  Alas, many will say, "Oh, he is not Catholic.  I will skip it."  Our Protestant friends have plenty to say, and I try to expand people's spiritual horizons.  I get ignored too, at times.  Oh well.  If no one shows up at Sacred Heart of Jesus, I will just sit and meditate for a while then go get a treat!

5 comments:

  1. I attended your talk on Rabbi Heschel in Snowmass and found it to really enhance my centering prayer practice. I would be there in Boulder if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell those Contemplative Outreach people at the Monastery to have me give the brown talk there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talks add a spark of "real" spiritual life to our Saturday Mornings of Silence - Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. qhht practitioner

    ReplyDelete