Friday, January 15, 2016

Getting Out Of Myself

When I was a baby I was all about myself.  This is normal for babies.  Instant gratification is the norm or else I will make a racket.  Now I am an adult.  I am supposed to get out of myself and be of use to others, to learn to listen, to have compassion and become more selfless.  I forget sometimes.  OK.  I forget a lot of times.  The baby lives inside of me and wrestles the world for attention.  Unfortunately, I do not look like a baby, so people don't give me instant gratification.  I am not the center of anyone's attention.  My Mom is not around to pick up after me.  And so it goes.  My friends, what ones I have left, given this bad behavior, remind me when I am in my baby mode.  "Oh, you are whining again," they say.  Yuck!  Usually, this goes hand in hand with ignoring my morning prayers.

1 comment:

  1. "Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me"
    ~ C.S. Lewis

    ReplyDelete