Sunday, January 3, 2016

Daily Choices

I have yet to meet anyone who said that they hoped to grow up to become an alcoholic or some other addiction.  No one says they want to be addicted to something someday.  Then that "someday" arrives and they realize they are hooked.  What happened?  Small decisions periodically made, and then with more frequency, until you arrive at the discovery that you are addicted, if you don't go insane or die first.  Small daily decisions can change us for the better or the worse.  I see it in trying for a spiritual life of some depth or fulness.  It does not come by wishing it.  It comes with small daily decisions carried out.  Those small decisions to actually practice some form of prayer eventually lead to where I do miss the prayer or long for the the prayer on a regular basis.  I feel a withdrawal if you will, when I skip my meditation, and reading.  So I guess that I am hooked on Spirit or God.  But no hangover headaches!

1 comment: