Sunday, January 24, 2016

Unknown

Yesterday I gave one of my prayer teachings, with the subject being a Protestant Minister of the 20th century.  Some might have stayed home because it was not about a Catholic, but some new faces came because it was about a non-Catholic.  Robert McAfee Brown, it turns out was a prophetic voice in the mid-twentieth century, but not well known in his own Protestant circles, as attested by two people who attended my workshop.  He was on the cover of Newsweek but unknown to many because he was a prophetic voice.  Is that why I am so unknown in my own church?  A prophetic voice?  Wow.  Oh, wait.  Prophets were not very popular and probably got few treats, rewards, dinner invitations, love, chocolate.  Maybe I should stop teaching.  My birthday is not too many shopping days away.  But then again, I did talk about Star Wars, and prophets are not so frivolous.  So maybe I can keep teaching in my won style: Terry Tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment