Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Freedom From Bondage

A friend who was taking care of an elderly parent, once said that "Freedom From Bondage," meant that you do something you should do, but you also want to do it.  I like that.  I took care of my parents when they were sick and dying.  It was a very important time in my life because I was doing something, caring for them, that I thought I should be doing, but I also wanted to do it.  By the grace of God, I stumbled into selflessness.  Life was not all about me or my plans.  For support, since I am weak, and tend to be whiny, I met with some people each week who kept me on track, and loved me so that I could continue to be "free from bondage to self."  Whenever there seemed to be a calamity, that was when serenity rose up to meet it.  Life can be quite full when I can get out of the way of "bondage to self."

No comments:

Post a Comment