Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Lazy

I rarely hear someone describe themselves as "lazy."  People might admit that they are selfish, prideful, judgmental and too sensitive.  They feel that they have been pretty honest.  I suspect that when I am lazy, I don't admit to it.  I simply give an excuse as to why I am acting the way that I am.  "I don't have time."  "It is not all that important."  "What mess?" "I don't do that work."  "I have to meditate." And so on.  We seem to attach a lot more shame to being lazy, than to a other character defects or shortcomings.  Some of us use the "depressed" card.  I find that one of the best ways to get out of myself and self-centeredness, is to do what is in front of me, or what I am tripping over on my way to accomplishing some ego-boasting task.  Gotta' go.  My room is looking a bit shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment