Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Balance

I find that something good can at times get in the way of something better.  I like to run.  It is a good thing for my type of body.  But if I run too much, then two things happen.  One, running gets in the way of prayer, which is exercise for my interior self. Two, I get injured, and then I cannot run at all.  I go into rehab.  So, in order to run and pray, I try to keep moderation in both.  Moderation keeps me from running too much.  I never seem to have moderation problems with prayer.  I seem, at my best, to pray in moderation.  I am not for three hours a day meditation.  I try to keep daily, good things, with no one good thing taking over my life.  Notice that no one ever demands that I run or pray.  It has to come from within.  The demands of life seem to come from others.  So don't wait for other people to demand that you do good things for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment