Thursday, August 3, 2017

Called To Serve

When I was in the 8th grade I was elected President of our class.  I had only been in the school one year, so I thought this was a big deal, and I was a big deal.  I liked the title.  Then one day, the incorrigible Catholic boys in the classroom were so bad that the teacher left the room in tears and went to her office.  The girls in the class looked at me and said, "We elected you President.  Go and do something about this."  Yuke!  I don't want to do anything about this mess.  You see, I liked the ego boosting title, but when it came to being of some service in a difficult situation, I did not want that part of the job.  So be careful when someone gives you a title or you get elected to something.  It means a call to service.  Selfish, whiny people ought not take on these titles or jobs.  I have found it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment