Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Self-Sufficiency

Did you know that some people die from self-sufficiency?  You would think that this is the goal, to be self-sufficient as an adult, so that you don't have to be asking or expecting someone else to take care of you. Parents want their adult children to be self-sufficient.  But it can kill some people.  Who? You ask.  For one, people who are addicted to drugs, alcohol, opioids.  They need help but too often say, "Leave me alone.  I am fine.  I can take care of this myself."  Their insanity says that they are self-sufficient enough to handle their situation alone, unaided.  Many die from this attitude before the light  goes on to tell them they cannot handle their addiction alone.  When you are hooked, and you may be the last to know, self-sufficiency will kill you.  I am living proof that I am not self-sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment