Friday, August 18, 2017

Inventory

When I am judging people I am looking at all their faults, as I see them.  I can list their faults.  I, of course, do not have the faults I see in the other person.  I am making an inventory of all the wrong things they do, their shortcomings, and wrong-headedness.  It does not make me feel better about myself though because all their faults are such a pain in my life if and when I am with that other person.  This is the weight of false pride and judging others.  But I seem to have a better day, if I stop thinking about them and look at my faults, such as my tendency to judge others.  If I look at my own inventory or faults, all stacked on the shelves of my personality, then I can go into action.  First, I see that we all have shortcomings.  Second, I can do something about my own stuff, whereas I cannot do anything about another person's imperfections, as I see them.  Third, when I look at myself, then other people don't seem so difficult for me.  I get into some acceptance of them.  Judgements and false pride change nothing but my mood.  The path to wholeness and growth lies within me.  I take my own inventory each day.  It is better that way for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning ~ when you say "I, of course, do not have the faults I see in the other person". Is that sarcasm? Since we hear all the time that if we see something in others it's also ours (being mirrored to us)?? Thanks...

    ReplyDelete