Saturday, August 26, 2017

Fish Below Water

One of the reasons that I meditate is to be able to get beneath the waves of craziness that can happen around me.  Think of a fish.  There may be a storm going on at the surface of the ocean.  Anything on the surface is at the mercy of wind and wave.  Destruction is quite possible.  But the fish is tranquil below the surface of the sea.  There are times when there may be some tension or craziness, or negative energy around me.  I somehow connect to that deep place in me where I spent some time earlier in the morning, and don't let all the negativity bash me about.  I can make a calm response or if that is not called for, just swim away and let it be.  I would rather be hooked on meditation than on the negative energy of people, places and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment