Saturday, February 3, 2018

Ruana

A Ruana is a drape or poncho looking outer garment that a woman wears.  It seems to be the stylish item now.  Some women say it makes them look better than tighter fitting clothes.  So I think about “spiritual ruana.”  What would make me look better, and cover up some of my messiness or shortcomings?  I think that kindness, learning to listen better to others, praise of others, and compassion would be a good outer wear for my personality.  Of course, without some inner spiritual work of meditation and reading, silence and some solitude, I would not wear any “spiritual ruana.”  I would show off my crabbiness, selfishness, jealousy and act out fears.  When I get up in the morning I try first to dress my soul and then later to dress my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment