Monday, April 16, 2018

Funerals And Burials

I notice that many people are concerned about where they will have their funeral, and be buried.  They think about who might come to the funeral and who might want to visit the grave.  Now, as a Jesus believer, this ought not to concern me. Why?  Well, I am supposed to follow him, right?  He did not have much of a funeral at all.  They took him down from the cross and put him into a tomb.  No big rituals, songs, eulogies.  Nothing.  Then when he rose, he did not hang around much at the tomb, and after the morning of his resurrection, his followers never seemed to much interested in visiting the grave.  So I won't worry about my funeral, or where I am buried.  If it is important to someone else, then they can make a to do about it.  I would rather people pay more attention to me while I am still around than after I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment