Sunday, June 10, 2018

Heaven Earned

I think that a lot of God believers have it all wrong.  They think that they can earn their salvation, whatever they think that is.  Salvation is not earned, if their bible is correct.  Salvation is a gift, so it says in Scripture.  You don't earn it.  People seem to be motivated by good deeds in order to earn salvation,  They call it "getting days off from purgatory."  Organized religion has made a few bucks from this.  People will do good works out of guilt or reward, but not out of gratitude.  It seems part of the human condition to feel guilty or want to get some reward.  We do good to feel better or at least not feel worse.  But if we are saved as a gift, then why do good?  You already have what you want.  Gratitude.  When I get up in the morning it is easier to feel I need to do better out of guilt or to get some payoff.  Gratitude is harder to conjure up.  But I try to make it my motivation.  It is a way of saying thank you, or passing it forward.  Some days are better than others.  Somedays I don't believe so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment