Thursday, June 28, 2018

No Christian

I am coming to the conclusion that I am not a Christian, much less a Catholic.  This is bad news for a priest.  What happened?  A faith issue?  No not so much dogma faith, but rather, I don't seem to want to "take up my cross and follow."  I get annoyed at something unexpected that does not go my way or fit into my program for today's happiness.  Is this not where I should be picking up at least a small cross?  I seem to want a religion that makes me feel better and needs only my affirmation of dogmatic statements and creed.  I seem to be more whiny and self-centered, and not so selfless and giving when it is inconvenient.  So I cannot be a Christian.  It is about action.  Jesus did not so much say, "Believe the creed.  Go to mass."  Then again, I know a lot of people just like me.  Would this not be like someone who says, "I am in AA, and I believe in the 12 steps," but does not do them and is of no service to anyone but themselves? I might know one or two of those people too.  But I gotta work on me.  See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment