Monday, April 13, 2020

Delightful Novel

I just finished reading “A Gentleman In Moscow,” by Amor Towles.  Though it is about a fellow who is confined to a hotel in Moscow after the Russian revolution began, I had heard good things about it. So finally I bought the book in Sea Ranch, California.  It is a delightful read for this time in Covid 19 house arrest!  The Count, an Aristocrat, is reduced to a “former person,” but no matter what, he finds a way to make the most of his situation.  All sorts of adventures take place in this high end hotel in Moscow.  So I ask myself, “What can I find in my own house that is adventurous and widens my horizons?”  In other words, how can I bring a positive and open attitude to what is going on right under my nose?  Enjoy the book and look around your surroundings.  Be open.  I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment