Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday

A lot of people like their religion because it makes them feel good.  I know a lot of people in recovery who like certain meetings because it makes them feel good.  But I have found that a spiritual path is not about feelings.  It is beyond feelings.  If you are only being good and loving when you feel good, or feel like it you would be a forever adolescent.  This is a day to remind me that love has to go beyond feelings.  I have to be willing to forgive someone when I don’t feel like forgiving or to be caring when I feel exhausted, resentful, or just whining.  I need to maintain a steady good behavior in spite of the ups and downs of emotions.  To try to  change feelings can sometimes just wreck your life.  Been there.  So in these Covid times I may have all kinds of feelings on any given day and time, but must try and practice a spiritual path that, well, keeps me on the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment