Thursday, April 30, 2020

Now

I just finished reading a book by Elkhart Tolle, “The Power Of Now.”  I think it is my first Tolle book and it reminds me of Ram Dass and his book, “Be Here Now” which I did read back in the 70s, I believe, or at least a long time ago.  I picked up the Tolle book from my sister, Jane’s bookshelf where it was gathering dust, so I guess she was not into the Now.  Anyhow, that was back at Christmas vacation time and I finally read the book.  A Higher Power must be working in m life because this time of social distancing and being at home, is a wonderful time to get into the “NOW” and not live fretting about the past and the future or letting my emotions run riot In my mind and body.  He wrote the book in 1999 and it still hold much wisdom for today.  For you Christians, he has some scripture quotes examined in this Now idea that will give you some deeper sense of meaning.  So I am trying to live in the now and not fret about chocolate or the lack thereof.  Does chocolate transform you?

1 comment:

  1. He leads me beside the still waters
    Psalm 23:2

    ReplyDelete