Thursday, April 9, 2020

Jail

Think of waking up in jail.  It sounds horrible and something you hope never to do, or never do again.  But are not some prisons of our own making?  What about waking up imprisoned in fear, judgments, anger, resentments and self-pity?  You get into one of these cells and you cannot find your way out.  You don’t have the key.  You need help, right?  This is why I need a spiritual program of some sort that gets me out of self-implosion, and into loving kindness.  I cannot do it alone, but a spiritual program to include meditation, friends on the journey from prison to freedom, good reading, and action seem to keep me from spending much time in my prison cell.  The cell is always there and I can easily slip in and lock the door.  Sounds insane, right?  Freedom is a return to the sanity of loving kindness.

1 comment:

  1. I love this and truer words have never been spoken. Thank you, Father Ryan. Stay safe and be on the lookout for happiness today! :)

    ReplyDelete