Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Th Wagon

When one is “On the Wagon” they have made a personal decision that can easily be changed.  For instance one says, I am not drinking, or I am not buying chocolate, or I am saving 5% of my income. It is all a “today” thing that has little responsibility to others in general.  I used to make “On the Wagon” decisions and they lasted for a so short time.  But when you are “In the Wagon,” that is when your decision affects others and is more of a decision to be of service.  You might say you are saving 5% of a groups income or you are doing things to help others to stay sober, or you are not buying things/buying things, for a group of people.  You take on a responsibility for others’ welfare.  It is called growing up, maturing.  In the Stay At Home Covid time I can say I will say mass for myself.  If I don’t so what?  I am the only one affected.  But if I say I will say mass for several people, then I have to show up somewhere, on time, ready to do what I say I will do.  I am better off being in the wagon than on the wagon.  The latter is a slippery slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment