Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Museum

An Art Museum can reveal a lot about the observer.  I have found it so in my own life.  I go to a museum and look at a series of paintings that have to do with nature, forests, trees.  I see all the colors and shapes and say how beautiful it all is in the painting.  I admire the painted scenes.  Then I go outside and look at my cell phone or get lost in thought about what and not.  That is, in the museum I admired how the scenes resemble things of which I do not admire in the original. I don't admire real trees, or forests or color in the sky.  I am self-absorbed, condemned by the artist of the painting.  Was that part of the artist's plan?  Is it part of the creator's plan, to bring me to the humility of self-absorption discovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment