Sunday, August 29, 2021

Consistency

There are many things that I seem to forget as time goes on, but I never seem to forget my shortcomings or bad habits.  This is because they are still bad habits.  As an alcoholic sagely suggested, "It is easy to remember your last drink if you are still thing it."  Ouch!  I remember my bad behavior, sour attitudes, and shortcomings because they all seem to be so current, as in, over and over again.  Why don't I get better?  For one, I am weak-willed, but that is from my side.  What about this God I understand who has all this Power to make me drop off these habits into a distant past?  Perhaps this Power who could remove a shortcoming, decides to leave me with it so that I remain humble plus stay in touch with this Power out of some desperation to escape the misery of my acted out messiness.  Is it not better to have humility rather than despair?  I have no developed skills to be perfect.  Only a big ego lives in the delusion of perfection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment