Sunday, August 8, 2021

Moving On

 Someone said that there are times when we are right where we are supposed to be.  OK, but we don't have to stay there.  I assume they mean that we might be in a bit of a bad spot, but it is a teachable one.  OK.  Teach me.  I am open.  But after the lesson, I might need to get on with my life.  You did not get the job for which you interviewed.  You are frightened, upset, feeling rejected, less than, but none of this analyses why things did not work out.  So analyze and then move on to the next thing, interview.  If you wallow in the rejection, nothing positive comes of it.  If an addict you might act out, or think of killing yourself, or doing a geographic move.  You find out that the love of your life is cheating on you.  Thoughts of murder, self-inflicted wounds, busting up all the furniture come to mind.  You learn nothing.  So analyze what happened and why.  Then move on before you do real damage.  Yes, you will have bad feelings but you won't do bad things.  Maybe be useful to another person or group that might need a little attention.  I make bad decisions, but I try not to wallow in them or act out solutions based upon self-centered fear or bondage to self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment