Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Right Place

 Am I in the right place?  Sometimes, we ask ourselves this question.  It can be a good question, but so often it is accompanied by inertia.  We seem to become less functional, less positive in action, less service to others.  If this is so, it is because we are spending all our energy on the question.  I find that the question answers itself if I try to "bloom where I am planted" as the saying goes.  Be of service, have a spiritual practice, and be open to new things, all help me.  I am in a monastery.  I do not sit around wondering why or try to answer why for others.  Is it their business?  I find the days fly by, and I feel a sense of belonging because I am helpful to others, practice a meditation, and am open to inspiration and discovery.  If the question of place needs an answer, it will come in time.  Time needs time.  I carry on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment