Friday, August 6, 2021

Crucial

I used to want to be important until just a few years ago.  Now I think it is better to be "crucial."  For one thing, importance has eluded me.  But the things that I do now can still be crucial though not important in a long lasting or memorable way.  Maybe a blog I write will be helpful to someone that very day and forgotten by the morrow.  But when they read it, a crucial difference was made in their life.  Importance is long term but crucial is immediate and can even be life-saving or affirming.  Many an important person makes no real difference in your life or mine.  I have known crucial people in my life who will never be important to the world, but were important at that moment of my life, crucially important.  So maybe you might let go of chasing the elusive importance and focus on being your best self that might be enough for someone, somewhere, who may but pass through your life for a moment.  Sometimes letting people know that you notice their existence, rather than ignoring them, can make a difference in their lonely life.  Anyhow, thanks for reading my blogs.  

1 comment:

  1. When your blog was mentioned at my meditation meeting 3 1/2 years ago- I had no idea how much would change in my recovery that day. There really aren't enough words to express how much you and your blog mean to me... I do think crucial sums it up quite beautifully. :) I gain tools to grow in such amazing ways - you and your blog are such a blessing. Thank you so very much. With love, hugs and gratitude across the miles!

    ReplyDelete