Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Wrong Change

 Being on some spiritual practice does not mean that I change my life.  It means that I change the way I live my life.  Anyone in a Recovery program will get to know this.  Too often people change their living location, move from one place to another.  Or they change spouses/partners.  Or they change jobs.  The constant that goes with them is themselves.  Spirituality is not changing what is around you, but what is in you.  What good is it to move, be rid of a partner or a job, and still be a resentful, fear-based. judgmental and self-centered person?  I remind myself that I am not in a monastery to change where I live, but to help in changing how I live on the insides.  In the silence and stillness each day, I have to face...ME!  Yikes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment