Thursday, August 5, 2021

The Burying Memory

As someone said, how can you forgive if you spend all your energy trying to forget?  You try to forget because it pains you to remember.  But you won't really forget.  You will just bury the memory beneath daily consciousness.  But the energy of the memory will continue to work on you in a negative way.  I have found it so.  Rather, I try to forgive, or work on forgiveness because if I can forgive then I am getting healed from the past.  Someone called this healing, "the inner surgery of the heart."  Once I have undergone this surgery of the heart, I am healed and then I can forget in a healthy way.  There are some things that did hurt in the past, but they do not hurt now.  I can recall somethings but without pain or negative reactions.  Forgiveness is very sobering for me, even if it changes nothing else or anyone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment