Thursday, August 26, 2021

With Interest

When I am new at something, say a spiritual path or program, I borrow from others, either in books, dialogue with people, and practice with a tutor.  I don't know much at fist, so I learn from others.  But it is not free.  I am borrowing their knowledge or skill, which means that I have interest to pay.  What is the interest?  It is to eventually help others with what I have learned.  My blogs are free.  My zoom and in-person teachings are free.  But I have first to learn from others before I can give anything back.  Now I may end up in Debtor's Prison, but perhaps not.  As the Irish say, "Not to worry."  I like to pass on what I have learned.  I think any cook would feel this way.  We don't keep our learned skills to ourselves.  We show gratitude by passing it on to those willing to learn.  There is interest to pay on what has been given to you.  

1 comment:

  1. I must say that these types of interest are the best kind to have and to pass along what I learn is one that helps my spirit continue to grow. Thanks for being such a stellar example, Father Ryan. Hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete