Monday, August 16, 2021

My Eyes and Ears

 What if God wanted to come to my neighborhood and look at it and listen to it.  That would be a good thing right?  Well, maybe.  But what if God wanted to look at the world through my eyes and listen through my ears?  Oh boy!  Or oh girl!  I don’t want to get in the way of God with my eyes that are all about making judgments at what I see, or failing to see something because I am preoccupied with fantasy, anger, or future planing.  And what about my ears that I so easily fill with sound, noise, to avoid the silence around me.  My ears and eyes would not be much good fo God.  So when I complain to God about God not seeing or hearing things in my world, it might not be God who is the problem.  Maybe God wants to see and hear through you?

No comments:

Post a Comment