Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Potholes

 Like most of you, I would like a smooth road each day in my drive to being happy, joyous, free, fulfilled and at peace.  Unfortunately, for me, the road is often filled with potholes, as someone sagely reminded me.  A bumpy and irritating ride is made by my shortcomings.  Today, I will talk about the "fear" that something is not going my way and I cannot seem to fix it.  Alone, I cannot fill in the pothole.  I can only make the pothole deeper.  What to do?  Well, like many things that seem beyond my control, I can ask for help.  I don't have to try and do life alone.  Two, I can let it go by turning my life's pothole over to the One I call God.  I am amazed by how things smooth out when I let them go.  This does not mean I get the results that I originally wanted, but it does mean that I stop being afraid, preoccupied with the "problem."  As fear is diminished, the problem seems to be diminished.  I no longer worry about a lack of control over something, because now I have let go of control.  Instead of wrestling with it, I let it go.  Maybe fear was my real problem, while the so-called issue was just my "presenting problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment