Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Secret Center

 I have a secret center, and I think everyone does.  At least it is a secret from me.  But it attracts and if I ignore it, the secret will bother me, touch my sense of discontent.  It is not a secret as in a mystery to be solved. Rather it is a secret to be encountered, embraced, beyond thought, imagination, and scientific discovery.  At times, when I seem to be occupied in one thing or another, the secret can suddenly or gently distract me with its energy, it’s presence in my surface consciousness.  It could come during a walk, cooking, exercise, attending to some task, encountering another person, or some art.  It invites me to stillness even as I am doing whatever I am doing.  It can be a peacefulness and yet it calls me to be quiet and still when next I can be.  Love, the energy of it is everywhere, suddenly surprising me, at times. Love as gift invites me, but is not rude with a demand.  I am left to decide.  Each day is decision day with the gift of time, not just to get more things done, but to take time to get nothing done.  Sit. Wait.  Let Love do the work.  Enjoy the secret.  

1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart smile, thank you Father Ryan and hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete