Sunday, January 30, 2022

Be Willing

Sometimes I am not willing to do something.  I resist.  My mind is closed.  I am not willing to even try.  Judgment has sealed my mind shut.  What to do?  Someone said that I should then practice the willingness to be willing.  I cannot make myself be willing, but I can want to be willing.  My closed mind opens a little.   I don’t have to do anything or commit.  But I won’t close off the possibility that I might change my attitude.  Then maybe I will ask questions of others, become a bit of an inquirer.  I have found some surprising changes to begin with a willingness to be willing.  

1 comment:

  1. Father, I appreciate the approach this inquiry takes; it cuts back on the expectations to be a certain way (to be"willing"); this conjures up the wrong or right(and perhaps activates a reactivate shame/blame from early childhood.

    ReplyDelete