Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Fabiola

 Before I ever knew that there was a Saint Fabiola, I knew a college student named Fabiola.  She was beautiful, tall, and personable, and fit as she was on the Tennessee swim team.  She had a friend named Susan who was not tall, nor on any University sports team.  Susan used to say that when she was with Fabiola, no one looked at Susan or even noticed she was there.  The focus was Fabiola.  Though Susan was quite attractive, she made a point for me in the spiritual life.  When I teach or preach is the focus going to be all about me?  Or will my ministry point to the path, and for me, to Jesus Christ?  If people say I am wonderful, but remember nothing that I said, nor if they are Baptized, not at all pointed more toward Christ, then I have failed.  Better that Christ is noticed and I am not.  Thank you Susan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment