Thursday, January 13, 2022

Self-Obsessed

When I get too self-obsessed, as opposed to not so self-obsessed, I begin to worry what people think of me.  This leads to me trying to do things to a perfection that would make people like me, since they won't like me if I am not more perfect.  Yes, insane, but worse it can affect my cooking.  If I am in this "gotta do better" I begin to stress about how things are going.  Begin to forget stuff, trying to clutter my mind with doing"more."  Then resentment sets in.  OK.  I now stop before  I am about to do something and ask myself how I am doing on my insides.  Insane?  Worried? Resentful?  If so, I know there is something the matter with me, not others or the food.  So my spiritual Power, God, and I have a conference and only after I settle into right-size, sane self, relaxed, leave results up to God, I then do the work of cooking.  Why be miserable doing good deeds?   

No comments:

Post a Comment