Wednesday, January 19, 2022

What Changes?

 When I find a situation to be unpleasant for me, I used to try to change the situation.  I never thought to try and change my attitude.  Think of a social gathering.  I don’t feel like a good fit.  Either I don’t know anyone, or I know everyone and don’t want to spend time with them at the moment.  Extra drink? Leave?  Sulk in quietude?  Done that.  Now I think that maybe I can change me, my attitude.  Feel lonely?  But I am not alone.  I have my spiritual power within me.  Or as I say, “God loves me.”  Ah, some emotional sobriety.  Now I discover acceptance. What can I add to the situation?  This event, these people are not all about me.  “Oh, there is a perfect stranger who looks like I felt a minute ago.”  I go and say hello.  And I drink water.  And so it goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment