Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Choices

 I try not to spend a lot of time trying to help people who want to stay sick.  I use my energy for people who want to get well.  If someone comes to me and asks for help, I give it.  If they then keep to old behavior, I let them be.  I move on.  It is their choice.  I am not like the medical person who keeps giving advice to a patient who ignores it.  Why clutter up your calendar and schedule with people who don’t really want to get well?  Cruel?  I don’t think so.  By letting the sick person continue in their behavior, my hope is that they will someday get so sick that they become sick of being sick.  Then they might be ready to let go of their self-will run riot.  Some people will practice good behavior because of fear of consequences, such as child to parent.  But as soon as they no longer have the fear of consequences, they just revert to bad behavior.  Growing up is too painful for many a person.  But the pain of self-will may be the first step in the cure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment